Happy New Year!
by THE K-12 COUNSELING TEAM | Monday, Dec 20, 2021
Happy New Year! As we enter 2022, school counselors and educators help students evaluate their academic and personal achievement during the last semester and set goals for the new semester.
Goal setting can be an important skill in any successful student's toolkit. Goal setting helps to provide direction, facilitates more effective decision making, and allows children and teens to take a more active role in building their future. However, learning how to set goals, break them into management tasks, and track those goals may not come instinctively. Fortunately, there are many techniques and practices for helping students and (and ourselves) set goals.
- Write clear and measurable goals using the SMART Goals Template .
- Create an action plan for each long-term and short-term goal.
- Read your goals daily.
- Reflect on your progress.
- Revise your action plan if needed.
- Celebrate all accomplishments both small and large.
Below are some important reminders for the month of January:
- ADHUS Monique Burr Parent Workshop (6th-8th)
- January 25, 2022. 9:30am via Zoom
- Please register in advance for this meeting
- After registering, you will receive a confirmation email containing information about joining the meeting.
- FAUHS Campus Connections (10th-12th)
- January 19, 2022. 3:30pm-5:30pm outside of the FAU Bookstore
- FAUHS Grade 12 Class Meeting and Parent Workshop
- January 26, 2022. 6pm-7pm