Summer Mental Health Resources
by THE K-12 COUNSELING TEAM | Sunday, May 01, 2022
Life’s challenges do not stop simply because classes are not in session. A.D. Henderson & FAU High School, along with FAU, can support you even during the summer months. Do not hesitate to reach out for help using any of the campus and community resources below. You are never alone.
Non Crisis Resources:
- Reach out to your student’s school counselor or administrator. Please allow up to 48 hours for a response.
- Always call 911 for life-threatening emergencies.
- FAU Counseling and Psychological Services 24/7 Crisis Line
- 2-1-1 United Way of Broward and Palm Beach Counties
- Local 24-hour suicide prevention hotline and provides information and referrals to health, social, and human services.
- Dial 2-1-1
- National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- Call 800-273-TALK (8255)
- Chat service and other information can be found at www.suicidepreventionlifeline.org
- Crisis Text Line
- Text HOME to 741741
- Trevor Project
- Provides crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13–24
- Trevor Lifeline: Call 1-866-488-7386
- TrevorText: Text TREVOR to 1-202-304-1200
- TrevorChat, information, and resources can be found at www.trevorproject.org